Sunday 26 June 2011

Drag Racing VS Blogging


Have you ever been just sitting around and thinking about things you really enjoy. I was doing that today, and I realized something. Two of my passions - drag racing and blogging - have a lot of similarities. Lets compare them.
In order to start I need:
 For the race I have to get my car dialled in, lots of tuning and preparation.
For the blog, I must engage my mind, come up with thoughts and ideas that might entertain people.
Then the run:
Truth is, I am a lover of unbridled horsepower and what it can do if you unleash it all on a long narrow strip of track. It sets you back in the seat, and the world seems to stop for a few moments while you are making your run. Next thing you know your hard on the brakes and yanking that beast around…your run is done!
I find Blogging to be very similar, in that once I start pounding the keyboard nothing else matters. I am in my own little world. Ranting and raving like a race car driver that just got shoved into the weeds on the last lap! But soon, it all settles down, I relax and hit post and then it is done.
When its all said and done, you get the numbers:
After  the race , coming down the return road, I anticipate my numbers. Did I break that elusive 11 second barrier, or will it haunt me the rest of the day… and then you recieve the answer. Oh I was so close, well maybe next time I can do a bit better!
After the blog, I release it to the public and wait to see the response. Was it a hit? How many viewed it?, Will I ever blog again? Then the stats come in….close but no cigar.
Don’t count me out folks, on the racing or the blogging end. For I am determined to master both, and mastering them I shall…muhaha till we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment